4 Marketing Strategies for E-commerce Sellers in 2018 Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day is a gift-giving festival, and every E-commerce seller wants to use this day to boost his sales in 2018. There may be a fact you do not know: Valentine's Day is one of the best sales days after Christmas, back to school, Mother's Day holiday, the following will help you to maximize this year's Valentine's Day sales. (The following data for the U.S. market only).
1. Targeting shoppers who spend the most on Valentine's Day gifts
When paying for Valentine's Day promotions, emotional status, gender, and age are important factors to consider. So, on Valentine's Day, who will be more willing to spend the most money on your product?
• According to 2016 data, those who spend the most on Valentine's Day are those who are in love but are not yet married.
• Older Millennials (25-34) spend the most on Valentine's Day, spending an average of 234 U.S. dollars. Next, people aged 35-44 spend an average of $ 187; people 18-24 years old spend $ 148; and people aged 55 and over spend an average of $ 95.
• Multiple reports and surveys show that men spend more on Valentine's Day gifts than women; men spend an average of $ 217 on Valentine's Day, while women spend less than half of this amount.
• At the same time, couples who celebrate their first Valentine's Day are often the ones who spend the most! It is reported that 53% of women said that they would break up with them because her boyfriend forgot to buy Valentine's Day gift! If so, it is not surprising that men will spend more on this day.
2. Valentine's Day is not just a couple's festival!
Do not think that Valentine's Day is just a holiday specially prepared for couples. In fact, compared to buying Valentine's Day gifts for boyfriends, people who shop online seem inclined to buy gifts for their friends! When people search for "Valentine's Day Gifts" on Bing.com, 22% search "husband", 20% search for "friends" and 17% search for "boyfriend." In addition to purchasing gifts for their own mates, people also plan to spend $ 54 on gifts for their colleagues, $ 50 for family members, $ 36 for classmates, teachers and friends and even $ 26 for pets. When it comes to pet gift designs, pet-themed designs have always been one of the most popular design categories, so why not design a perfect Valentine's Day gift for pet lovers?
When you brainstorming your design, think about who your buyer is picking for and who receives your gift on Valentine's Day? Co-workers, family, pets can be one of your potential goals. You might consider updating some of your past advertisements, adjusting existing designs, and incorporating Valentine's themed designs.
3. Do not miss the "last minute" shoppers
almost 46% of shoppers will wait until early February to buy Valentine's Day gift. So you have enough time to make good use of these "last minute" shoppers.
4. Make your product easier to find
The optimized product listing allows you to have better search rankings in Google and e-commerce platform. An SEO-friendly ad can also increase your marketing success chances. If you're working on a specific theme Valentine's product, make sure to include the relevant keywords in your ad headline and description. While searching online, shoppers use search terms such as "Valentine's Day Gifts For …" so remember to include those words in your ad auction. Find another way to identify your niche with the long tail of "Valentine's Day gift." For example, "The perfect Valentine's Day gift for husband- who love fishing" or "Perfect Valentine's Day gift for moms who like to drink wine and do yoga" Valentine's Day gift for mom doing yoga, etc.)