Do You Know the Feature — "Amazon Customer Insights"
In the summer of 2017, Amazon introduced a very interesting feature "Amazon Customer Insights" (in fact, a bit like the user portrait), to some extent it reflects the customer's buying habits.
This feature did not hype when it just launches, but was quietly updated in the background, resulting in many sellers did not notice the existence of this new feature. Of course, the careful seller tested the efficacy of this feature at the very beginning of the feature release, some of the seller feedback the price of this feature is too high, which may be a concern for new sellers.
Amazon Customer Insights, a program designed specifically for sellers, allows sellers to solicit consumer feedback in the form of individual questions: Why the customer buy the product, what they like and what their buying habits are.
This feature can help sellers with the product features, product updates, product development with useful information. And this feature will only be charged if the customer answers the relevant questions. Currently, Amazon Customer Insights features has a cost of about $ 5 per question and a minimum survey size of 100, which means that sellers spend $ 500 to get a customer's survey. This survey will reach up to 2,500 respondents, but sellers will eventually see only 100 related results. So at this point, we have to consider whether the questionnaire is ultimately worth the money.
The survey Amazon has pre-set a few fixed issues to help the seller to regulate ideas, including: purchase behavior, product awareness and product advice. Sellers can also customize the questions based on the information they want to collect.
Amazon system built-in questions includes:
• What are the most important factors when choosing our products?
• How do you know about our products?
• How likely are you to recommend our products to others
After you identify the problem, you have a choice of up to four target groups:
• Amazon users who have purchased your product
• Amazon users who have browsed your product
• Amazon users who have browsed but have not purchased it
• Amazon product users who purchased other similar products
After confirming the target group, the relevant information will be submitted to the Amazon audit team for review. Amazon will weigh the feasibility of the survey and send the final price. Amazon will assess it based on other details of the report, so some questionaire will eventually be higher than 5 US dollars, according to previous sellers feedback, basically no less than 5 US dollars.
The seller eventually receives an Amazon response report, which will analyze the survey results as well as the number and percentage of customers who selected each answer. In the end should we use Amazon Customer Insights this feature？ From the previous feedback from the sellers, the price is a more important obstacle, of course, depends on the problem settings and the specific feedback data points.
In the following cases, a survey on Amazon Customer Insights may provide sellers with some ideas:
• Looking for bundled products, wanting to identify what products to include or exclude;
• Being completely unfamiliar with sales categories and want to identify target customer as quickly as possible;
• Want to determine which marketing tools is best;
• what causes loss of customers and turn to buy a competitor's product;
• needs to evaluate pricing strategies, product descriptions, or product features;
• Decide the next quarter New product;
• Investigating customer satisfaction;
• new product launched, you want to determine the marketing or pricing standards