These Things You Need to Know to Avoid Amazon Account Suspension
The freezing of the Amazon seller account has long been a major concern for sellers. So this article will show some actions that Amazon sellers can take to prevent accounts or product listings from being blocked due to issues such as product quality, seller performance, counterfeit goods, and infringement.
1. product quality
If products are dirty, covered with dust, depression, faded or has been opened? the buyer received the product is different from what they see in the listing? whether the product lacks of parts, whether there is a safety issue, whether there is a size problem, how the seller know if there is a problem with the product? these are the problems seller needs to resolve.
Sellers can take the following measures to reduce product quality issues:
• At least weekly check the return inspection, buyer and sellers' communication, feedback, and product reviews. Sellers can analyze returns reports by ASIN and double-check which products have a high return rate;
• See if there is any word that could trigger the Amazon Freeze algorithm: Used Sold as New, Not as Described, Fake, Missing Parts, Defective, Damaged, Wrong item sent, etc.
• Check the listing each replenishment, or make the new listing more accurate.
• Understand where is the flaw of product.
• Close the product listing with a high return rate until the problem is solved. For most sellers, the acceptable order defect rate / return rate should be below 2%. Certain categories, such as apparel and electronics, may accept order defects or returns rate of less than 12% and less than 6%.
Amazon knows that when consumers buy two pairs of shoes and return a pair, it is testing the right size. However, if the return reason is the quality of the product (used, dirty, product description does not match, fake, etc.), then the seller's product has a problem. If the seller sees that the product has a high return rate for quality reasons, close the listing first until you investigate and fix the problem before turning it on.
Description and picture problem is easy to repair, but as for the product, you need ask the manufacturer to solve. If the seller's product is damaged during shipping, it may be necessary to invest in better packaging to protect the product.
In addition, Amazon's algorithm looks at some of the reasons for return, keywords in product reviews, feedback, and buyer emails. ASIN will be frozen if the return rate of the seller suddenly rises or returned more than 3 times in a short period of time due to negative factors (depending on the size of the seller). If more than one ASIN is frozen, or the seller history on Amazon is not good, then Amazon may freeze your account.
2. the seller performance
Since the self shipping seller's account is more often to be frozen. For self-delivery sellers, the problem usually lies in marking the products that have been shipped, In fact, the products have not yet been shipped; cancel the order; too many A to Z claims; respond to buyers out beyond 24 hours; there is no logistics tracking code (Which is a major problem for the small sellers), delayed delivery; lost packages, etc.
Here are five steps you can take to prevent sellers ASIN and Amazon accounts from being frozen:
• Watch the dashboard daily, balance the metrics with more perfect orders if the indicator goes down
• deliver the product to the buyer on time, replies to the buyer's questions within the time limit;
• replies to the A to Z claim with an immediate refund or appeal;
• do not cancel the order.
The second problem may be the most difficult for self-shipping sellers. The carrier plays a very important role in timely delivery. But Amazon does not accept shirk responsibility. If USPS or Royal Mail fails to deliver the seller's products to consumers on time, change to a more reliable carrier or use USPS dispatch. If using UPS or courier service, sellers can not profit, then raise the price or stop selling. Timely delivery is a important factor your account. If sellers ship through drop-shipping, they need to pay close attention to whether consumers receive the product on time and stop selling products from unreliable partners.
For the A to Z claim, if Amazon agrees with your claim, it will not bother you. If you reply within 4 hours and contact the buyer, it is possible for the buyer to cancel the claim. Sometimes buyers complaints may be because they think they have been unfair treatment, customer service is rude, or the seller and the buyer had a quarrel. In these cases, Amazon will stand on the buyer's side.
Good customer service means fast refunds and friendly service. If the seller's team does not have a friendly message response template about common consumer issues, then there may be problems. Finally, the seller does not cancel the order. If the buyer cancels the order， it is no problem, but if the seller cancel the order, Amazon may think you are not properly managed inventory, and will immediately close your account.
In addition, the seller must have evidence that the buyer wants to cancel the order. If the product has been shipped, the seller will tell the buyer they can reject the package, and the package returned to the carrier for a full refund. If the seller is out of stock when the order is flooding in, then you need to:
1. rise the product price
2. turn off the listing;
3. replenish it from another source;
4. give yourself a better inventory management system.
3. counterfeit products
This is the main reason for freezing the Amazon seller account. If the sellers sell products purchased from the dollar store, clearing grocers, clearance, eBay, Alibaba and other places on the platform, there is a great chance that the account will be frozen. If the seller marks a refurbished product as a new product for sale; purchases the product from another online retailer (or Amazon), and sells the product specifications or standards based on other countries, the account is likely to be frozen. If the seller sells such products, here are some of the most effective ways to prove the authenticity of the product:
• Keep and collate all receipts and invoices;
• Make sure that the receipt and invoice have a detailed and clear product description;
• Product purchases by use an Amazon-filing credit card;
• If using a gift card to purchase product inventory, at least make sure that some products are paid by credit card;
• Make sure there is an Authorized Distributor / Wholesaler invoice that certifies the product was purchased directly from the manufacturer / brand owner;
• Get an invoice , Not a formal invoice, nor a packing list or shipping notice;
• Dropship directly through the manufacturer, licensor, or brand owner;
• Make sure the product is new when it reaches the buyer. Many fake claims received because when the buyer received the product, the product looks very bad. Amazon is working hard against stolen goods and fakes. The seller should not make fake invoices or receipts for any reason, otherwise, the account will be frozen.
Arbitrage sellers, clearance sellers and drop-shippers are more likely to suffer infringement complaints than wholesalers. To avoid infringement, sellers can:
• ensure that the product is sourced from a reliable source and that the seller is able to demonstrate it;
• do not create a new listing on the platform unless licensed by the brand;
• do not use the brand names or trademarks in product's description, keywords, or listing. For example, Velcro® has de-listed listings of many descriptions with the word "Velcro";
• Immediately respond to and resolve all infringement complaints;
• Use UPC codes from the manufacturer instead of creating them;
• Copy or create their own work after acquiring product copyrights;
• register with Brand Registry 2.0;
• brand sellers hire a lawyer to start patent and other possible infringement issues as early as possible;
• brand sellers make sure that all products have been properly tested and labeled with the applicable national safety standards and legislation for the country of export. If the seller has not yet registered a product and brand, register now. Some of the sellers 'competitors now preempt sellers' brands and trademarks at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Once they sign up for the Amazon brand record 2.0, they will use patents to eliminate rivals on the platform. If the seller is working hard to design their own products, then spend some money to protect their own intellectual property right.