Australia analysis: Brendan Hall, Amazon's third-party business development manager in Australia said, there are many opportunities for e-commerce in Australia, with high 85% of the Internet penetration rate and 65% of customers choosing to shop online. According to statistics, 2016 Annual Australian online transactions totaled A $ 41.1 billion (+ 9.2% YoY), and another good statistic is that online sales are catching up with traditional retail channels at a five-times speed.
According to Brendan, sellers entering the Australian market early will enjoy three major benefits: uploading and selling their own unique selection; establishing a reputation in the region earlier than their competitors; and naturally getting top product rankings. Amazon Australia station currently charges the platform monthly fee of 49.95 Australian dollars, commissions vary from 6% to 12% by category.
Brendan also made a clear description of Australian consumers. There are a wide range of online shopping users in Australia, while users choosing cross-border shopping are more value on the product's price, convenience and better selection. It is understood that the most popular Australian consumers overseas retailers are from the United States, Britain and China. And the pain points they commonly experience when shopping cross-border include logistical delays, higher product prices, and a few extra costs. Here's Brendan's category perspective based on market research:
(1) Fashion category (clothing and footwear)
Sports and leisure mix style become a new growth point
Warm winter have an impact on winter sales
constitute the anti-seasonal sales with Europe and the United States
(2) Trends in multi-purpose and miniaturization of household products, sports outdoor and 3C digital appliances (household appliances)
Trend in color Interior design integrated into kitchen etc.
International retailers continue to lead the consumer electronics market in 2016
(3) Household Goods, Sports & Outdoors and 3C Digital (Home and Garden)
Due to Housing Market Growth 2016. This category keeps healthy growth, while the lawn mowers, tree pruning and gardening equipment grow slowly.
(4) The Consumer Electronics
Smart Wear, Analog Pointers, OLED HDTVs and Bluetooth Audio are the most powerful
Lower priced brands began to emerge
Smart home concept tends to be popular
· New Products · New Sites · Advanced Site Advantages · Price Advantages
Tips: 1. Upload products which meet the Australian requirements from other sites
2. upload with the same ASIN number to ensure product information and customer reviews are moved to Australia site
3. research market access, legal and compliance requirements (such as maternal and child, toys and products such as Australian plugs, etc.)
Second, to do high-quality long-term, high-impact brand
Tips: 1. focusing on cultivating quality products in line with Australian consumer habits
2. proceed to the trademark registration in Australia
3. make use of detail pages, videos and other tools to do fine product page
4. create brand awareness on both online and offline
Third, targeting the local category
1.the Australian clothing and toys and other categories online sales are strong
Categories, the Australian clothing and toys and other categories online sales grow strongly.
2.Season, contrary to the current Northern Hemisphere market
3. convert offline sales to online selling
Tips: 1. now in summer, should consider skirts, beach shoes, sunglasses, swimming, surfing and other products
2. take full advantage of anti-seasonal features, timely stocking
3. fully study the existing channel sales experience and industry trends
. Analysis of Cost Components
· Platform Cost: Monthly ($ 49.95) and Commission (6% -12%)
· Logistics Cost: Consideration of self shipping and overseas warehouse
Tips: 1. the price level should be maintained at a reasonable initial level
2. if you sell in other channels in Australia, the price should not be higher than other channels
3. consider the use of automatic follow-up tools to ensure that prices are competitive
First, FBA (in preparation) Amazon Australia station logistics is in preparation, the first operation center will landed in Melbourne, an area of 24,000 square meters.
Second, the overseas warehouse plus direct mail
Tips: · Look for the domestic mature overseas warehouse cooperation
· Direct mail mainly based on express leased products
· High price, high weight (more than 2kg) FMCG suitable for overseas warehouse