With the advent of the Christmas shopping season in 2017, Amazon holiday returns also attracted the attention of sellers. This is because the returns at the end of each year will always be much higher than usual as most of the purchases made during festivals are gifts and not everyone will like the gift they receive. However, there is also a significant increase in sales during festivals, so the increased returns will not be too damaging to the business – the premise is you sell good quality products. The seller need to know the following points about the Amazon holiday season return:
Amazon holiday Return Policy VS Regular Return Policy
Understanding Amazon holiday Return Policy is important to both buyers and sellers. Under normal circumstances, the implementation of Amazon "30 days unconditional return" policy, the sellers who participating FBA project are required to comply with the policy. However, during Christmas, the platform extended the deadline for returns until January 31, allowing consumers and gift recipients longer time. The return policy applies to Amazon FBA sellers, and non-FBA sellers can set their own return policy. The platform encourages consumers to check the return policy of self-shipping sellers prior to shopping, and encourages all sellers to make customer-friendly return policies.
Most returns must be unopened, or at least unused and undamaged, especially for food and gifts. Amazon does not accept the returned goods which have been used, nor encourage the seller to receive.
Is there any way to avoid Amazon holiday Returns?
No business will like to return, but this is inevitable. Here are a few things you can do to help sellers minimize returns:
• Make sure the product descriptions are detailed and accurate
• Take product images from different angles to show the real look of product
• Use the best keywords to make it easy for customers to find the product
• Respond to customers promptly inquiry
• Deliver the order as soon as you received it
• Pack the product well so that it will not be damaged during shipping
• Track logistics after shipment to ensure it reaches its destination
• Develop competitive prices that will prevent customers from finding much more better prices from other sellers
Is it easier to receive returns for certain product categories during festivals? During festivals, toys and games, as well as clothing are the easiest return items.
Children receive toys they do not like or "wrong"; they do not like the clothing style or make the wrong size, which can lead to returns. If you sell those both types of products during the holiday season, be prepared to find the reality that you may deal with more returns than other products. Sellers can offset the return growth of these two types of products by offering more in other categories. If you sell only one product and have a high return rate, be sure to keep a large inventory of products. Once competitors raise or lower the price, you can immediately re-pricing, while ensuring sales, ensuring that there are products to customers replacement, rather than let them return directly.
Adequate inventory, a competive price can help sellers establish customer loyalty. Also note that some items can not be returned to Amazon or returned to third party sellers only. The following figure (from Amazon) explains this in detail:
How to make a better return experience for customers?
When you receive returns during the holidays, try to make your customers as happy as possible. This will help sellers get a positive rating, but also give return customers and potential customers greater purchasing confidence. As long as the returned product is in good condition, unconditionally return with a friendly attitude is the besy way. Even more, allow customers to get a refund directly without having to return. Some sellers have taken these steps to establish customer loyalty.
Sellers can also offer these services to returning customers:
• Coupons for other products
• Recommended similar products at reduced prices
• Offer an quivalent replacement products to give customers a delightful return experience that helps them to get positive reviews and increase store exposure and sales. Remember, every return is accompanied by potential new orders, as well as a new satisfied loyal customer.
What the seller should pay attention to the Amazon return dissatisfaction rate?
In November 2015, Amazon introduced the "Return Dissatisfaction Rate" indicator to monitor how sellers deal with returns to customers.
These sellers' behavior can result in a substantial increase in dissatisfied returns:
• No replies to customers within 48 hours of receipt of a customer return request
• LET return customers leave negative feedback
• The product meets the return and refund criteria, however Sellers reject Customers' return requests. Although these metrics do not negatively affect the seller's account (Amazon acknowledges that this may change in the future), it will allow sellers to understand their quality of return service. If the seller is not doing well in this regard, the customer may never come back, and they will leave a negative comment to warn other consumers. The seller must remember that returns are part of the retail business and must be taken seriously.
If you need Amazon seller an assisstant, please log in SellersPpirit.