Many sellers are confused, why Amazon's own sellers often get Buy Box? Is it possible for a third-party seller to beat Amazon's own seller for a Buy Box? Amazon works for providing a perfect shopping experience for customers,so if a seller has near-perfect customer metrics or has a very competitive product price, they also have the opportunity to get a Buy Box.
Influential variables on Buy Box competing
1. Delivery methods: Using FBA will greatly increase the chances for sellers to get Buy Box.
the sequence of getting Buy Box order under the same circumstances:
Amazon Own Seller> FBA> Local delivery> China Delivery
2. The final price: the final price is the seller fee charged by Amazon (including shipping costs and customs duties). The higher the seller's rating, he can charge Amazon for a higher price, while still keeping Buy Box.
3. The seller rating: seller rating is refer to the overall experience that seller provide buyers with. A successful deal orders Amazon will come to the seller 100 points. If you provide some extra service, Amazon will additionally reward the seller some points. Late elivery time can only get 0 points. Order cancel will be deducted 100 points. Bad review will be deducted 500 points. The seller's total score is the average transaction price of a seller over the past year. The more recent scores are given the heavier the proportion will be had.
4, transport time: transport time is a very important factor, on time delivery is very important for access to Buy Box. Amazon's transport time is divided into: 0-2 days, 3-7 days, 8-13 days and 14 days.
Moderately influential variables
1. Order defect rate: referred to as the ODR, consists of three factors: the negative evaluation rate, A-Z (transaction guarantee claim rate) and the single return rejection rate. The score is divided into two parts, short days of 17 days to 77 days and long days of 32 days to 122 days. Orders in the past 17 days are not included. Whether long-term or short-term, if the order error rate is greater than 1%, will greatly reduce the chance of getting Buy Box.
2. The evaluation score: the buyer gives reviews, a newer reviews have an more important impact.
3. Transport history: transport-related scores, including on-time delivery rate, delayed delivery rate, tracking orders rate. These rates are calculated in 7 days, 30 days and 90 days.
4. the seller feedback time: whether to quickly reply buyers also affect the opportunity to get Buy Box. Reply within 24 hours more than 90% of buyers, have a chance to enter Buy Box
1. the number of buyers rating
2. inventory depth and sales volume
3. Cancellation and Refund Rates: A cancellation rate of more than 2.5% affects the chances of getting a Buy Box.
The basic demand for winning the Buy Box
1. must be a registered professional seller account
2. Must have sales probability of 2-6 months in Amazon, have a higher sellers level, delivery rating and the ODR less than 1%.
3. The product status must be new. Buy Box has another set of standards for refurbished or second-hand items.
4. The goods must be in stock. If a buy box current owner sellers whose products are out of stock, Buy Box automatically goes to the second seller.
Tips for winning Buy Box
1. Quickly manage the product's publication
2. set the target on each variable. Focus on variables that affect more, but couldn't ignore any one variable. For example, for sellers with less product fluctuation, although there is no competitive change to show their advantage, they can choose to start with the transit time, reduce the number of shipping days, and stand out among only a few competitors.
3. grasping the timing, effective management of time. You can grab the chance when other competitors are in bed.
4. real-time optimization of the price. Including manual price adjustment, rule price adjustment and tool price adjustment.
① Manual price adjustment is a method by which the seller manually updates the price through the Amazon background stock page or a third-party platform. This is the easiest way to repricing, with high levels of control and visibility, but with a very heavy workload and low efficiency.
For manual price adjustment products:
A. Very few but high-value products
B. special products or handmade products
C. There is no competition with Amazon products
D. Manufacturer-priced products
② Rules price adjustment is a method for the seller to automatically adjust the price according to certain rules in view of each product price of competitors. This is currently the most popular method of repricing for defeating the minimum price of a market product by setting a certain amount of money. However, this method only considers the price of competitors, but ignores the other sellers indicators's metrics,is not comprehensive enough. (Recommended to use third-party tools to seize Buy Box)
Suitable for price adjustment products:
A. Books, movies or other media products
B. Non-featured seller
C. need to consign the product
D. Low-profit products
③ tool price adjustment is the seller using computer method to determine the optimal price of the product according to market conditions. Unlike regular price adjustment, algorithmic price adjustment can control every variable that affects Buy Box, and can set an optimal price to ensure that both Buy Box and high profit can be earned.
Suitable tools price adjustment products:
A. Professional sellers or enterprise sales of products
B. contains high-margin products
C. Thousands of special products
D. A wide range of unique products and product lines