In the Amazon, as an important means of the seller's marketing stratage, PPC advertising can bring more active traffic for the seller, pull up shop sales, become a necessary operational tool in the daily operation, but in the actual operation, many sellers will encounter a variety of problems, this article will do a detailed analysis of the eight questions for your reference.
1.Q: will non-local amazon station IP users charge a fee for clicking on my PPC ad in the United States? If I login in my seller account, and search the Amazon page with the advertising keyword which i myself set to see my products and click it, will charge a fee?
Answer: whether China IP or other countries IP, click advertising will be counted and deducted the cost of advertising. Because each seller account number corresponding to a buyer account, so their own sellers account number after click on their own ads will also charge the fee.
2. Q: As the same account number click the same keywords and enter the same listing page more than one time, is it only a one-time charge or multiple charges?
Answer: if the same IP through the same keyword click on the same advertisement within 24 natural hours many times, it will only account for one charge.
3. Q: in general, how should a widely matched keyword bid make the product appear on the front page of the search page? Can seller refer to the highest price in the background proposal bidding? Or is it a little higher than the highest price in the proposed bid?
A: how to make a bid to show your product to the page of the search page, this is a question without the answer. Because there are many factors affecting the product ordering.in addition to the seller's own bid, the influence factors include the competitors' bids, and the seller's own keyword quality and the key word quality score of the competitors. the competitor's bid change will change the order of the position of ad – ranking, and the key words quality score of the competitors will also affect the ad – ranking, and at the same time,the key word quality score is not stable.
The above analysis shows that the bid of yours and competitors, the quality score of yours and yourcompetitors are important factors which affecting the ranking of advertisements, and the changes of these factors result the seller can hardly lock their own listing on the front page of the search results.
As for the proposal bid in the advertising, it is only a rough estimate of the system at the time of the advertising setting according to the seller's own listing on the peace table, it is just a reference.
4. Q: in general, how many keywords are appropriate for an ad group?
Answer: the key words setting is decided by the product itself, some product keywords are many, while some product keywords are few, it has not a standard answer. but please keep in mind, all keywords setting basis is that consumer will use this word to search for this product, otherwise the key words also how much also lost meaning.
5. Q: there are 2 different products, using the same keyword bid, and their listing quality are similar, will they affect each search ranking?
A: theoretically it is, but not in practice. Because as a seller, it is not possible to determine the precise quality score of listing and keywords, and then each listing faces thousands of competitors, and some differences will stagger the two listing.
6. Q: in what case, the advertisement could appears at the main column and the right side of the search page at the same time?
A: the seller puts more than one advertising plan on the same listing, and its two advertisements rank are almost the same as the location of the main column and the right side column of the search page.
7. Q: how to define orders formed through advertising? For example: customer see our product ads after search on amazon, click and add our products to the shopping cart, but do not generate orders at that time, and it generate the order at the next time when they log in their account, is it an advertising orders or a non-advertising orders?
Because of the view of advertising statements, the number of orders is very small, but cmparatively, the acos is relatively high, it seems that the advertising effect is not ideal, but the actual situation is that our advertising costs accounted for about 20 % of the overall sales. This is not a high proportion, but the ad reports show that there are few orders from the ads. Is it actually advertising that has had a good impact on us? Stop the advertising, the natural flow will be affected?
Answer: if the customer clicks on the purchase order within 24 hours, and it will takes into account the advertisement performance order; The customer does not place an order within 24 hours after the customer clicks, or orders purchased after 24 hours, it is not counted as the advertising performance order.
But the conversion rate of advertising cannot be judged solely from the short-term transformation. one day's data cannot be described. advertising needs to be measured in a relatively long period. generally, it is recommended to use 1 – 2 weeks as a measurement cycle.
In addition, an important factor affecting the advertising acos is the product unit price, if the unit price is high, acos naturally appears lower, but it is best to compare acos and profit margins, as long as acos is lower than the profit margin or the profit margin is consistent, it is ok.
At the same time, the effect of advertising should also consider the growth of the total number of orders, if through the placement of advertising, the total order of listing increased significantly, in this case, even the acos data is not ideal, advertising should be continued.
8. Q: what should be the choice of a wide range of matching, phrase matching, and precise matching types in advertising? At present, in our advertising, each product has about 100 – 150 keywords, basically is widely matched, because click is not high, so there is no other types of matching or increase negative keywords. But I understand that some of the same key words will be set up a wide range of matching and accurate matching of two forms of advertising, so that the exposure to the impact of advertising? Will it bring greater traffic?
A: first, I think a product set 150 keywords a little more, you can set yourself in the place, do you really use every word of the 150 words to search for your product and then buy it? unable So, you should consider setting keywords from a precise point of view, and each key word is the key word you want to understand.
Second, the widely matching way can get more traffic, if the keyword setting is accurate, wide matching is a good way, but if the keyword set blindly, the widely matching method will also bring a lot of invalid traffic.
Third, as to whether there is a need to set a wide matching and precise matching settings, this depends on whether you are willing to set up two separate advertising plans, and then filter according to the conversion rate.